Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Mr Right: Limited Edition

By Samarpita Mukherjee Sharma
Bhopal, India


It would leave my mom wondering why I was 28 and still single.

She walked into my room one night and asked me to give her a list of qualities that would make my ideal man. So I sat with an A4 sheet in hand and after hours of staring at it, I finally managed to put ink on paper.

My mom who was expecting a register full of qualities was shocked to see just a word scribbled on one corner of a sheet.

'COURAGE'. It said.In CAPITAL letters.

My mom didn't really get it. I finally got it.

At least now I knew what i want in the man I would love to love.

BALLS!! I say!!!I have been searching for a man with courage.

Courage

·         To love the 'Monday morning me' as much as the 'Saturday night me'.
·         To kiss my dry lips and hold my slippery hands.
·         To respect the Saint & the Satan: as both reside inside my body as companions.
·         To realize that the silence in me is more disturbing than the storm in me.
·         To appreciate the appreciations I get sometimes from family, friends and few good men.
·         To smile on my 5 different types of high-pitched laughter.
·         To take turns for cooking & cleaning & washing & planning & thinking & dreaming & kissing and driving.
·         To acknowledge my absence and sometimes ignore my presence.
·         To feel unembarrassed about embarrassing situations that surround my life.
·         To find comfort in my burps and hiccups.
·         To live life QUEENsize.
·         To know that I am not a 'know-it-all'.
·         To want the 'changed me' without wanting to change me.
·         To have the courage to love a courageous me.

I want a man with balls coz its takes courage to live and a whole lotta courage to love!

Seven months into the "happily married" phase of my life, today I celebrate, my man and his courage :)