Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Christina Covers Glamour Magazine


Christina Aguilera is featured in the August issue of Glamour magazine, the singer sat down with Laurie Sandell and gave an interview to the magazine. In the interview she speaks about motherhood, her new album which will be very colourful, fun and energetic, her mother and her husband, Jordan Bratman.

On her post birth body: Being the perfectionist that I am, my attitude was, this had better hurry up–I want results! My trainer kept saying, “Give it time, you’re looking great.” Everyone around me was saying they could see a difference, but, you know, you’re hardest on yourself. I did see my stomach get flatter and tighter and more muscle definition.

On her new album: I just started recording it, but I can tell you that this record is all about fun. I’ll be referencing Pop Art, Andy Warhol’s art. So it will [sound] fun and fast-paced, and visually, it will be full of color, which is how it’s going to tie in with my new fragrance, Inspire [in stores next month]. But there’s also going to be a modern element to it that comes from my love of Tokyo.

On the paparazzi: A lot of people go out of their way [to be photographed]; I make a conscious effort to keep me and my family out of the limelight. The other day a paparazzo actually pulled up to my husband on the street and said, “Geez, I know the new house is big, but I’ve been trying to get a picture of you for months–you never leave the house!” And it’s true: I’ll go out at night after spending time with my son, but [during the day] I just hang out on my grounds, taking him for walks in the stroller in the backyard where we won’t be seen.

On keeping the sex life alive: We make sure we have Mommy and Daddy nights out. Our child comes first, obviously, but there are certain things you can do: Once we know he’s in good hands, we go out late at night and have a few drinks. Then we’ll come home, dim the lights and do our thing–and I’m not going into any more detail than that!


Read the entire article here.