Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Is this music?




R&B and Hip hop music has always been at the top of my list for music. However, here lately I feel like I am getting old because it seems that more and more the lyrics are starting to not make sense to me. Some of the music currently is making me revert back to the oldies but goodies like Anita Baker, Luther Vandross, and Teddy Pendergrass. It’s not that I feel like we don’t have any good artist these days because we still have plenty like Alicia Keys, Kanye, Monica, Common, Beyonce, Ludacris and more. It just seems that junk these days stand out. No sugar coating, I don’t like Soulja Boy, I don’t like his style or lyrics. A “pretty boy swag” has me thinking what in the world??? Lil Mama is another one “Chicken Noodle Soup, Chicken Noodle Soup, Chicken Noodle Soup, Wit A Soda On The Side.” When that song came out I thought it was a skit that went horribly wrong. This leads me to believe that people will listen and dance to anything. There is no character or important meanings. People wonder why the children today are the way they are, look around if they started off listening to “Chicken Noodle Soup” when it first came out and presently listening to “Pretty Boy Swag,” what do you expect. R&B and Hip hop has to get back on their 2pac, Mary J Blige game and start making real music again.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SKYuPCV53nQ